Pit and Fissure Sealents
Pit and fissure sealants are the material that mainly cover the grooves of teeth. Protecting deep grooves reduces the chance of tooth decay on the top of your teeth. These grooves are known as "pits" and "fissures". Most of the time, the teeth at the back (the premolars and molars) have the most grooves. These pit and fissures can become deep if not kept clean.
Pits and fissures on the surface of the tooth are ideal in harbouring dental plaque and calculus, which contain bacteria. This area of plaque and calculus is often very difficult to clean, as the bristles on your toothbrush are often not able to get to the deepest part of these grooves. If the grooves are not cleaned properly, decay will start on the top of the tooth.
Why are sealants used?
Pit and fissure sealants were designed specifically for three preventive effects:
- Sealants occupy the pits and fissures of teeth with a resin material.
- As the pits and fissures are filled up, bacteria are not able to go deep into grooves, and this decreases the number of bacteria present on the tooth.
- Sealants render the pits and fissures easier to clean during brushing and chewing, as food particles do not get trapped as easily when you have deep fissures.
Teeth with fissure sealants are 22 times less likely to develop decay than those that have not been filled.
Tooth with fissure that can lead to cavities
Sealants fill and protect the surface, preventing Decay
Teeth with fissures
Teeth with Sealants being placed
- Painless Root Canal Treatment/ R.C.T.
- Cosmetic Filling/ Tooth Colored Fillings
- Teeth Whitening/ Dental Bleaching
- Dental Implants
- Crowns And Bridges( Fixed Teeth Replacement)
- Ultra-sonic Teeth Cleaning and Polishing
- Complete solution for Bleeding from Gums
- De-pigmentation of Gums
- Treatment of Dental Fluorosis
- Orthodontic treatment/ Braces
- Paediatric Dentistry/ Kids Dentistry
- Pit and Fissure Sealents
- Tooth Jewelry
- Dental X-Ray
- Bone Grafting
+91-9956226541, 9936485785 Or mail us at